Do you Wanna Build a Snowman
I set to work building a Frozen themed kit. I wanted a large variety of snowy/winter items to get that Frozen feel so this became a great way to use those winter products that are geared to people who live in areas with snow.
I started by selecting a range of snowflake dies to create die cuts for my album, selecting some gorgeous Bazzil Bling cardstock and then searching for some papers in blues and that perfect shade of purple. I added a Kaisercraft purple cardstock to my kit and then some gorgeous flowers and I called my kit ready. Here is what I ordered (I will put a asterisk next to items I used).
- Poppy Crafts Snowflake dies set of 2
- Poppy Crafts 5 Different Border dies
- Poppy Crafts Snowflake #6 die
- Poppy Crafts Ornate Flourish Corner die
- Poppy Crafts Snowflake Frame die
- Find It Trading Jeanines Art Frosty Ornaments Frame die
- Find It Trading Amy Design Christmas Wishes Snowflake Border die
- Poppy Crafts A4 White Cardstock (the 250gsm has been replaced by the 240gsm which will work for this project).
- Bazzil Bling Cardstock Glass Slipper
- Bazzil Bling Cardstock Shimmer
- Universal Crafts Teflon Bone Folder
- Universal Crafts Magnets
- Poppy Crafts Ribbons Blues
- Kaisercraft Jewel Cardstock
- Disney A5 Build A Scene Frozen
- Prima Marketing Moon Child paper flowers 12 pack First Eclispse
- Graphic 45 Bloom from the new Bloom range
- Echo Park Winter Wishes Snowy Trees paper
- Graphic 45 Kaleidoscope Fantastic Fantasy
- My Besties 6x6 paper pack French Blue
- Bo Bunny Double Dot Lace French Vanilla
- Hambly Screen Prints Mini Brocade Overlay Antique Teal
- Paper Doilies White Lace 6 inch
- Echo Park 6x6 Stencil Winter Night
- Fabre Castell Glass Bead Gel
- Dorland's Wax Medium 4oz (I used this to seal any glitter covered items on my project)
Items from my stash used.
12 inch Trimmer
EK Success Score Mini Board
Dress My Crafts Sequins Green
Poppy Crafts 6x6 textured cardstock
Poppy Crafts Ribbons Purples
Old Fiskars Border/Edge Punch - This Martha Stewart Frame Border Punch called Daisy Petals matches the punch I used nicely, just follow the straight guide on the design plate to get a straight edge, you will need the Starter Set to use this punch; or this Martha Stewart 2 in 1 Deep Edge punch might be a nice alternative; or this We R Memory Keepers 2 Edge Punch Loop; or for something lovely and simple this EK Success Edge Punch Dotted Scallop.
I started by working out sizes to cut the various pieces needed to create my interactive pages, so my finished page would be 6 inches high and 4.5 inches wide. Once I had figured this out I cut a set and assembled my prototype adjusting any measurements as needed. I have included the measurement in the video.
Once I had my prototype page set put together I wanted to see how it would look with papers on and I had this idea of creating a journey to Elsa's castle with the Disney A5 Build A Scene paper pad.
So I started by selectively cutting the pieces for my top and bottom flaps so you would enter through them on your journey to Elsa's.
I used this winter forest paper from the pad.
When you open the top and bottom flaps you find yourself at this beautiful mountain scene.
I added the snowflakes to the inside of the top flap to hid my magnet as I forgot to add them on my prototype page before adhering my papers down.
Then when you open the side flap you find yourself at Elsa's Castle.
I wasn't thinking at the time and I didn't cut the paper, I just spread it over the flap and scored it, this has caused the page to not open properly, so if you are wanting to do something like this I recommend cutting the paper where the page folds out from.
Some other features in my album include a Shaker Pocket, which I added to the top flap of what became the front page set. I really wanted to include a Shaker pocket in some way into this album so that Ev would have some snow to watch fall.
I decorated the front of the Shaker Pocket with some of the gorgeous Poppy Crafts Snowflake Dies. And I added a border to the inside with the Find It Trading Amy Design Christmas Wishes Snowflake Border die.
I love how the album looks when you first open it. I think Miss E will love the interactivity.
Here is how the third page set opens out. I used the Hambly Screen Prints Mini Brocade Overlay Antique Teal on the side flap, it looks pretty cool in person.
And how gorgeous is that B side paper from Graphic 45 Kaleidoscope Fantastic Fantasy? Isn't it just perfect for Anna?
After calling my project finished I decided to go back and add some snow to the front cover using the
Echo Park 6x6 Stencil Winter Night and Fabre Castell Glass Bead Gel, I love the results. It looks like Anna is reaching up to the falling snow now.
I hope this project has inspired you to create something. If it has please let me know, I would love to check out your work.